Last updated: September 19, 2022
Air passengers traveling from a foreign country to the United States are no longer required to show a negative COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board their flight.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s order requiring proof of vaccination for adult (18+) non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States remains in effect. Check the CDC’s website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Under U.S. federal law, all passengers are also required to provide a health attestation form (PDF 206KB) completed no more than one calendar day before departure.
The CDC’s January 29, 2021, order requiring masks on public transportation (including aircraft) and at transportation hubs is no longer in effect. However, CDC continues to recommend that people wear masks in indoor public transportation settings.
Acceptable Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
- Verifiable records (digital or paper) such as a vaccination certificate with QR code, digital pass via Smartphone application with QR code1 (e.g., United Kingdom National Health Service COVID Pass, European Union Digital COVID Certificate).
- Non-verifiable paper records such as a printout of COVID-19 vaccination record or a COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued at national or subnational level or by an authorized vaccine provider (e.g., the CDC vaccination card).
- Non-verifiable digital records such as digital photos of vaccination card or record, downloaded vaccine record or vaccination certificate from official source (e.g., public health agency, government agency, or other authorized vaccine provider), or a mobile phone application without QR code.
You are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks (14 days) after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine
- 2 weeks (14 days) after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series
- 2 weeks (14 days) after you received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine (not placebo) in a clinical trial
- 2 weeks (14 days) after you received the full series of a Novavax (or Covavax) COVID-19 vaccine (not placebo) in a phase 3 clinical trial
- 2 weeks (14 days) after you received 2 doses of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart
- The World Health Organization has confirmed 169,253 cases of COVID-19 in Namibia. Of these cases, 4,077 have died.
- No regions in Namibia show evidence of high escalated COVID-19 risk.
- On July 15, 2022, President Hage Geingob announced the removal of all in-country restrictions imposed due to Covid-19.
Namibia Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Is proof of vaccination required for entry? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Namibia? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- COVID Test NAM offers two options of PCR testing for travelers. For the N$ 1,700 “Super Express” option, travelers will obtain results in 6-8 hours. For N$ 900, a traveler can expect to obtain their results in 12-14 hours.
- Bookings can be made on COVID Test NAM’s website or by emailing email@example.com. You may also call +264 83 332 6150.
- U.S. citizens can also obtain COVID-19 PCR tests in Namibia from the private laboratory PathCare, which has multiple locations throughout the country.
- Testing costs N$ 750.00 for 48-hour “Standard” processing or N$ 1,200.00 for 24-hour “XPRESS” processing. “XPRESS” Processing is only offered at Pathcare’s Eros (Windhoek), Walvisbay, and Ongwediva locations.
- COVID-19 test results from PathCare are emailed and sent via SMS to the individual who was tested.
- PathCare tests individuals for the purpose of travel by appointment only. Please visit https://www.pathcarenamibia.com/to make an appointment.
- Feed Masters (Namib Laboratories)is offering a drive through COVID-19 testing facility at the Wanderers Sport Grounds in Pionierspark (Tunchel street) Windhoek. Hours: Monday to Thursday 07:00 – 19:00, Friday 07:00 -13:00, Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays 07:00 – 10:00. (24-hours turnaround time).
- There is no need to make an appointment for this service. For more information, contact: Tel.: 061 290 1379; 081 308 4884; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees at the drive-through testing site are: COVID testing (results 24 hours) – N$ 700.00. Pensioners and Students: N$ 650.00. Rapid Antigen Test N$ 300.00 (Payment via ATM Swipe Machine ONLY – NO Cash Accepted)
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Namibia approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Namibia for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Namibia? Covishield, Sinopharm, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Ethiopian Airlines, Qatar Airways and Eurowings offer international flights to and from Namibia. AirLink, Fly Namibia, and West Air Aviation have commenced regional flights between Namibia and South Africa.
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
Fines for Non-Compliance:
- Any person presenting fake SARS COV-2 PCR test results will be prosecuted. Any non-Namibian who presents fake or forged SARS COV-2 PCR test results to an official at any Port of Entry, will be denied entry into Namibia and will be deported at own cost.
- Non-compliance with Namibian Government regulations on COVID-19 will result in fines of $100,000.00 Namibian dollars or 10 years imprisonment.
- For any American Citizen Services questions, please email ACSWindhoek@state.govand we will respond as soon as possible.
- For visa questions, please e-mail ConsularWindhoek@state.gov
- If you believe you have symptoms of COVID-19 or may have been exposed, please contact +264-0800-100-100 to seek direction from the Namibian Ministry of Health and Social Services.
- Namibian Ministry of Health and Social Services Facebook page.
- Namibian Presidency Facebook page.
- Namibian Ministry of Information and Communication Technology Facebook page.