Location: Independence Avenue
Event: Demonstration on December 7, Downtown Windhoek
The U.S. Embassy in Windhoek has received reports of a demonstration organized by a former presidential candidate, to protest the result of the recent presidential elections. On Saturday, December 7 he and his supporters will march down Independence Avenue to the Katutura Youth Complex from four different locations in downtown Windhoek. The march will begin at 08:00 and finish at approximately 10:00.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstration.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- United States Embassy Windhoek, Namibia, 14 Lossen street,
Ausspannplatz, Windhoek, +(264)(61) 2958522, email firstname.lastname@example.org. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens +(264)(85) 6860853
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Namibia Country Information Sheet
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter