To apply for a job helping build the new U.S. Embassy, write to Windhoekhr@blharbert.com
Thank you for your interest in employment with the U.S. Embassy in Namibia. To view a current list of all available positions at the U.S. Mission in Namibia and to apply online, please visit this page: Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA). All applications* must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
The U.S. Embassy provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. Embassy Namibia (1) (Closing Date: October 30, 2020)
Announcement #: WINDHOEK-2020-014
The U.S. Mission in Windhoek is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of GSO Assistant Warehouse & Housing Coordinator.
Salary: (USD) $45,337 – (USD) $45,337/Per Year
Series/Grade: FP – 0105 – 7
Agency: Embassy Windhoek
Position Info: Full-Time
Close Date: 10/30/2020
Warehouse Related Functions
- Oversee the daily operations of the warehouse
- Prioritize workloads
- Coordinate cross-functional activities requiring warehouse support
- Work closely with Warehouse Supervisor to perform weekly spot checks of inventory in the warehouse (implement management controls)
- Coordinate Support of Events
- Set up and break down events as requested
- Support larger events such as receptions and July 4th Event
- Coordinate/Support GSO Disposal Auctions
- Assist the Warehouse Supervisor to identify items for disposal
- Coordinate the placement and separation of sale lots
- Issue Residential Furnishings
- Coordinate furnishing of houses during make-ready and throughout tenancy, as required. Supplement furnishings with GSO approval, if stock allows
- Ensures data integrity in the ILMS property modules.
- Describes occupant responsibilities
- Serve as a liaison between the occupant, GSO, and other sections to resolve housing related issues at the lowest management level
- Provides Support to Inter Agency Housing Board (IAHB)
- Schedules meetings
- Prepares agenda and other informational material
- Updates Posts housing handbook annually
- With maintenance and security search for residences that meet posts profile and needs
- Coordinates annual housing inspections with maintenance and security
- Prepares the annual report on housing for Ambassador’s certification
- Prepares and works with Housing Assistant and GSO on the biannual housing profile
- Ensures data integrity in the RPA system
Qualifications and Evaluations
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: Public Trust
- 2-3 years general office experience is required.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Linguistics, Law, or Business, Public Administration, Architecture, Interior Design or Property Management is required.
English level IV spoken, reading, writing is required. This will be tested.
Good computer skills- the ability to find, understand and use data; ability to prioritize work; ability to set up, coordinate and direct complex schedules. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply:
All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered. Log onto the ERA system to register as an Applicant, and follow the instructions to submit your application and upload your required documents.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.