Location: Namibia (countrywide)
Event: Commercial Flights Available Through Air Namibia
Air Namibia has informed the U.S. Embassy in Windhoek that it is planning two special commercial flights out of Windhoek for any foreign citizens seeking to depart. One flight, SW9303, will depart Windhoek on May 22 at 7:50 am. It will make stops in the following locations: Luanda, Angola, at 9:30 am local time; Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, at 11:30 local time; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, at 18:10 local time, and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, at 21:40 local time. From any of these destinations, passengers would be expected to arrange for their own onward travel via commercial flights. The cost of the flight to Addis Ababa is N$9,497.00 per person.
A second flight will travel from Windhoek to Frankfurt, Germany, on May 27. The time and price of the flight to Frankfurt are still being established. Passengers would need to book onward travel to the U.S. via commercial flights. Flights on Air Namibia may be booked directly with Air Namibia by contacting Ebson Ngondo at +264 61 299 6363, +264 81 165 3655, or by email at email@example.com. Please reach out to him today, May 18, if you would like to purchase a seat on one of these flights.
As a reminder, routine air traffic is not set to resume until June 30 at the earliest, per the measures announced by the Namibian Government. Additional information about these measures, can be found on the Namibian Presidency’s Facebook page.
If you have not yet expressed your interest in a repatriation flight and would like information on future flights, please fill out one Repatriation Form per potential traveler and you will be contacted by the U.S. Embassy.
If you are a U.S. citizen remaining in Namibia, please verify that you have registered in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). As a reminder, the Consular Section is not currently taking appointments for routine services, and staff are working remotely. Should you have an inquiry for the Consular Section, please contact us at ConsularWindhoek@state.gov. If you have an emergency involving a U.S. citizen, please contact the Embassy at +264-61-295-8500.
The Namibian Ministry of Health and Social Services has confirmed 16 cases of COVID-19 in Namibia. Thirteen of these cases have recovered, and no new cases have been announced since April 5, 2020.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19, and the Centers for Disease Control issued on March 27, 2002 a global Warning Level 3 Travel Health Notice to avoid nonessential international travel.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Namibia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Windhoek, Namibia
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Namibia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter