Location: Namibia (countrywide)
Event: Upcoming Flight on Qatar Airways; Possible Future Flight on Air Namibia
The Namibian Ministry of Health and Social Services has confirmed 25 cases of COVID-19 in Namibia. Sixteen of these cases have recovered, and there have been no fatalities.
The U.S. Embassy in Windhoek has been informed that the Qatar Airways special commercial flight from Windhoek to Doha will be scheduled for either June 11 or 12. If you are potentially interested in purchasing a seat on this flight, please respond to this email by 5pm (local) on Wednesday, June 3, so we can get a count of interested passengers to pass to Qatar Airways. The price of a one-way itinerary from either Windhoek to Dallas or Windhoek to Chicago, both via Doha, is $2,500 U.S. dollars per person. The Embassy has also been told that Air Namibia may offer another flight to Frankfurt in the near future. We will share any information we receive about this flight as soon as it is available. If you have not yet expressed your interest in a repatriation flight and would like information on future flights, please fill out one Repatriation Form per potential traveler and you will be contacted by the U.S. Embassy.
If you are a U.S. citizen remaining in Namibia, please verify that you have registered in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). As a reminder, the Consular Section is not currently taking appointments for routine services, and staff are working remotely in compliance with Namibian Government lockdown instructions. Should you have an inquiry for the Consular Section, please contact us at ConsularWindhoek@state.gov. If you have an emergency involving a U.S. citizen, please contact the Embassy at +264-61-295-8500.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19, and the Centers for Disease Control issued on March 27, 2002 a global Warning Level 3 Travel Health Notice to avoid nonessential international travel.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Namibia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Windhoek, Namibia
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Namibia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter