Location: Namibia (countrywide)
Event: COVID-19 Weekly Update
The Namibian Ministry of Health and Social Services has confirmed 31 cases of COVID-19 in Namibia. Seventeen of these cases have recovered, and there have been no fatalities.
At this time, Stage 1 lockdown measures remain in effect for the Erongo Region until at least midnight on June 22, 2020, while the rest of the country remains at Stage 3. Additional information about current measures in place can be found on the Namibian Presidency’s Facebook page and Twitter page.
The U.S. Embassy in Windhoek is not aware of any additional flights departing Windhoek at this time, nor is it planning any future repatriation flights. If you have not yet expressed your interest in a repatriation flight and would like information on any future flights, should they become available, please fill out one Repatriation Form per potential traveler and you will be contacted by the U.S. Embassy.
If you are a U.S. citizen remaining in Namibia, please verify that you have registered in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). As a reminder, the Consular Section is not currently taking appointments for routine services, and staff are working remotely in compliance with Namibian Government lockdown instructions. Should you have an inquiry for the Consular Section, please contact us at ConsularWindhoek@state.gov. If you have an emergency involving a U.S. citizen, please contact the Embassy at +264-61-295-8500.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19, and the Centers for Disease Control issued on March 27, 2002 a global Warning Level 3 Travel Health Notice to avoid nonessential international travel.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Namibia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Windhoek, Namibia
- 14 Lossen St., Ausspannplatz, Windhoek
- +264-61-295-8522; +264-85-686-0853 (U.S. citizen emergencies after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Namibia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter