Location: Namibia (countrywide)
Event: The Namibian Ministry of Health and Social Services has confirmed 16 cases of COVID-19 in Namibia.
The U.S. Embassy in Windhoek is not aware of any additional flights departing Windhoek at this time, nor is it planning any future repatriation flights. If you would like to be included on any future flights to the U.S., should they become available, and have not already done so, please fill out a Repatriation Form for every traveler in your party.
Current Status of Passport Applications for Overseas Posts
Because of public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, effective March 20, 2020, the U.S Department of State began limiting its passport operations. Effective April 2, we have further limited our ability to offer routine passport and citizenship services overseas.
For U.S. citizens in the United States, we are only able to offer in-person service at domestic passport agencies or centers for customers with a qualified life-or-death emergency and who need a passport for immediate international travel within 72 hours.
For American Citizen Services in your country, please contact the nearest embassy or consulate.
In an emergency, our embassies/consulates can assist with an emergency passport for an adult or a minor. If you have not received your Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), an emergency passport may be issued by your nearest embassy/consulate.
We encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest updates in your country, as well as the days and hours of American Citizen Services and possible evacuation plans.
If you have previously applied for a passport or citizenship service, you should expect significant delays receiving your passport and your citizenship evidence documents. Contact your nearest embassy or consulate to check on the status of your passport or citizenship document such as a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA). Please consider waiting to apply until we resume normal operations.
For emergency passport services for U.S. citizens abroad, please contact the U.S. Embassy or consulate closest to your current location.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Namibia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Windhoek, Namibia
14 Lossen St., Ausspannplatz, Windhoek
+264-61-295-8522; +264-85-686-0853 (U.S. citizen emergencies after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Namibia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter