Location: Windhoek, Namibia
Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 80,000 reported cases worldwide.
On March 14, 2020, the Namibian Ministry of Health and Social Services announced two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Windhoek, Namibia.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Namibia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- United States Embassy Windhoek, Namibia
+(264) (61) 2958522
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens: +(264) (85) 6860853
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Namibia Country Information Sheet
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter