Location: Addis Ababa
Event: Ethiopia Travel Restriction for U.S. Government Personnel
Due to the Ordered Departure of non-essential personnel from U.S. Embassy Addis Ababa, travel to Ethiopia by U.S. State Department employees, including transit, is prohibited without special permission.
Actions to Take:
- Consider taking alternate routes if traveling through Addis Ababa
- Contact your airline and ask about transit restrictions
- Monitor local media for updates
- Monitor the U.S. Embassy Ethiopia website
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
U.S. Embassy Windhoek, Namibia
+264 61 295 8500
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Country Specific Information – Namibia
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter