Location: Namibia (countrywide)
Event: Travel Advisory for Namibia – Level 4: Do Not Travel Due to COVID-19
Do not travel to Namibia due to COVID-19.
The Namibian Ministry of Health and Social Services has confirmed 2,652 cases of COVID-19 in Namibia. 563 of these cases have recovered, and there have been 15 fatalities.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Namibia due to COVID-19.
Namibia’s borders (land, sea and air) remain closed at this time and U.S. citizens are barred from entry unless they hold permanent residence or domicile in Namibia.
Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Namibia.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Namibia:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Namibia.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Windhoek, Namibia
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Namibia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter