Location: Namibia (countrywide)
Event: The Namibian Ministry of Health and Social Services has confirmed 8 cases of COVID-19 in Namibia.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19. We recognize this has been a challenging period for many of our fellow Americans, particularly those of you seeking to depart Namibia as commercial flights have been cancelled or suspended.
The U.S. Embassy in Windhoek is currently researching potential flights to return U.S. citizens from Namibia to the United States. If these flights become available, it will be with very little advance notice. It is possible that you would be notified of space on a flight the day before or the same day of the flight. As such, we are asking you to let us know as soon as possible if you are interested in such a flight. Please fill out this Repatriation Form immediately for each individual who would be interested in a repatriation flight.
If you complete the above form, we will contact you if a repatriation flight is available and provide you with logistical information, including its cost per seat. It is important to note that these seats are traditionally offered on a first-come, first-serve basis to U.S. citizens and, space permitting, for qualifying non-citizen dependents.
Due to the short turnaround that will be required of interested U.S. citizens should a flight become available, and the impending travel restrictions affecting the Khomas region where Hosea Kutako International Airport is located, we recommend that interested individuals remain in Khomas. If you are not currently in Khomas, you may not be allowed to enter after travel restrictions begin.
Interested parties should verify that their passports and other documentation are current and valid for at least six months from today’s date. For emergency American Citizen Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information at https://na.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Namibia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States