Immigrant Visas: Fiancé(e) Visa

The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. You can learn more about fiancé(e) visas on

The U.S. Embassy Windhoek does not process immigrant visas for Namibian citizens. These immigrant visas are handled by the U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg.

For more information, please see Consulate Johannesburg’s website: or the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website: or the Bureau of Consular Affairs website: